Early Years Framework
- The children at the Nursery follow The Early Years Framework (The EYFS framework) This is a statutory framework for children from birth to five years, covering the welfare and development of children.
- The guidance covers the 7 main areas of learning and development with each section containing certain developmental milestones and steps that children should achieve or work towards achieving.
- The areas of learning are separated into Prime and Specific Areas. The Prime Areas are the building blocks on which the Specific Learning can take place.
The areas are as follows:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding of the world
- Expressive Arts and Design
We carefully monitor each child’s progress through the EYFS and keep you updated of any achievements or concerns, planning together for next steps.